Frequently Asked Question
Nintendo Gift Card Redemption Instructions
Last Updated 8 months ago
Redeem using a browser
- Using a browser, visit ec.nintendo.com/redeem/#/
- Select Sign in and enter your Nintendo Account e-mail address and password, and then select Sign in again.
- If you are already signed in, review the user name in the top-right corner to confirm you are signed in with the correct Nintendo Account
- Enter your 16-digit download code and then select, Next
- Re-enter your Nintendo Account password when prompted, then select Redeem to complete the process.
- A confirmation e-mail will also be sent to the e-mail address registered to your Nintendo Account once this process is completed.
- A Nintendo Account is required to redeem download codes online.
- If you are redeeming a download code on a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, you must also link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- If redeeming a download code for Nintendo Switch content, you must first access the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch using your Nintendo Account at least once.
- On Nintendo 3DS, download codes for in-game DLC and Themes cannot be redeemed online.
- In-game DLC must be redeemed within the specific Nintendo 3DS game.
- Theme download codes must be redeemed in the Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS.